Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2013

Feel Good and Make it a Great Day

Feel Good and Make it a Great Day

by Paul Gorney

Don't you just love those days when for some reason you just feel good? Maybe you had some significant accomplishment or just got in a good night's rest. For some reason you have that extra bounce in your step and you just feel on top the world. In fact wouldn't you rather be on top of the world rather than the world be on top of you? Think about that for a minute. Many people go through the day as if the weight of the world was on top of them. Wouldn't it be great if you could feel good anytime you wanted to?

I think it's really important that we feel good or even feel great as often as we can. The way we feel radiates out to the universe and we actually attract to us more of whatever it is we are projecting. You probably noticed that when you're feeling good things seem to go smoother. People are nicer to you and more open. This is because when you're projecting those good vibes, you're bringing others up with you and you are attracting those feel good feelings to you from others and the universe at large.

Now I have noticed there are a number of things that help me feel good, that put me on top of the world, the most important being the words I use. In particular the words I use when I talk to me about me. Specifically the words "I am". We say I am without even thinking about what we are declaring about what or how we are. Some time ago I noticed that many of my "I am" statements were followed by something negative. I also noticed that many times in the day are we are asked "How are you?" A majority of the time we just utter a thoughtless reply of "I'm OK" or "I'm good". Let me ask you do you just want to feel "OK"? Feeling OK won't get it done. Try I am'ing yourself into a great day. How about stating "I am perfect". "I am a winner". My favorite is "I am amazing". Say that to yourself throughout the day. In fact let's change any negative I am's such as "I am tired"." I am sick."" I am bored". With a new ending like "I am blessed". And the next time someone says "how ya doin?" Or "How are you?" Reply with "I am amazing". I think it was the late Zig Ziglar that would respond "I'm doing great and getting better by the minute". How's that for a little pick me up? The thing is, the words "I am" are two of the most powerful words we use. It's a declaration of how we are. So choose good words to feel good when you declare what you are. I like to begin my day every morning with a few powerful and positive "I am" statements. Try this and you will immediately give yourself a leg up on making it a great day. Then remember to just declare how you are throughout the day. Remember we are what we choose to be.

Now that we have the "I am" as the foundation for feeling good. The next thing to consider in making it a great day is to look for the good in people and our life situations. We need to get control of what we say to our self's or to others regarding situations we may be in and what we say about others. I remember back to my Dale Carnegie training and his number one rule for success was don't condemn, complain or criticize. It's easy to fall into the trap of doing all three of these. The fact is, complaining has never made a situation better. Complaining has never helped anybody through a difficult situation. Condemning others is just judging. We may not agree with what people do or how they look or behave. Condemning them doesn't change them to meet our expectations. Lastly, it's easy to be the critic. To see the flaws in someone or something. Again criticizing does not change the person or situation to what we want it to be.

We need to gain awareness when we fall into this trap of the 3 C's. When we are in the trap of the 3 C's we putting negative energy out and it's undermining our efforts to feel good all the time. When I catch myself in the trap of the 3 C's, I try to remind myself of the following:

Everyone is doing the best they can with the resources they have available to them. I also like the line "I'd complain except it won't do any good. Which is totally true! "My mother used to tell me if you don't have anything good to say.... don't say anything at all". Remember we get back what we put out. These negative thoughts and words project negative energy which hinders our efforts to feel good and be on top of the world. Lastly, I believe it was the great industrialist Andrew Carnegie that said something along the lines of; "you develop people the way you mine for gold. You go in looking for the gold, not the dirt". Now I've never been gold mining but I bet there is some serious dirt to get through before you find that gold. But you go in looking for the gold not the dirt. Always be looking for the gold in people.

We've discussed how talk to and about ourselves. We then reviewed what we say about others and life situations. The last element to feeling good and making it a great day is to "stand guard at the door of your mind". Our minds are always under attack. For one, the media sends us information which is nearly all negative. When was the last time you watched the news and left inspired? If there is a nice human interest story, it's wrapped in the middle of stories of doom, gloom and despair. Often time the media appears to be attempting to perpetuate a feeling of lack, limitation and fear. I mean now we have the fiscal cliff! How's that for an attempt at perpetuating fear. The only limitation is in our thinking and the only lack we have out there is in our minds. People are accomplishing great things every day despite the looming fiscal cliff. In addition to the media how about the way we let what others say impact us? In many situations, people are just saying things to us in an effort to manipulate us to do or be what they think we should be. Or to make us fearful. The media and others can only make us feel bad if we let them. Consciously stand guard at the door of your mind and deny entry to any negative talk from others or the media. Remember we are all here to do amazing things.

Many times people will say to me in the morning, "Have a good day". When I think about "have a good day" that's like just taking the day that's handed to me as if I have no impact on the outcome of this day. Does this mean I say to myself, "boy I sure hope I get a good day today." Well, I want to control as much of my destiny as possible so I have shifted to "Make it a great day", because the outcome of the day is up to me and the key to making it a great day is to feel good. Sure things happen both good and bad. But when you're perfect and amazing you handle these situations in a more positive and constructive way. So the next time someone asks "How are you?" Don't just thoughtless reply "good". Tell them how you really are. I am GREAT, Perfect, Blessed, Amazing. Make it as big as you can. Then watch the other person light up with your response. You will be on your way to just feeling good and making it another great day.

About Paul Gorney
Paul Gorney enjoys writing and reading self help books and articles focused on living an inspired life. Paul has a passion around helping people to consciously and intentionally shape their destiny to live the life of their dreams. Paul is a motivational speaker and author and enjoys writing and speaking on a variety of topics focused on helping people to set goals and accomplish amazing things with their lives. He is a certified Life Coach specializing in career coaching and a certified NLP Practioner.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

No comments: