Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

How to Make Your Dreams Come True

How to Make Your Dreams Come True

by Sonny Julius

Would you like to know how to make your dream come true? Well it's possible when you know what to do for it to become reality.

But before I go any further let's make sure you understand what a dream really is. The dictionary defines it in a couple of ways: It's a series of thoughts, images or emotions occurring during sleep. It's something that fully satisfies a wish a strong desire goal or purpose.

I'm sure you dreamed many times what you wanted when you were a child. Maybe it was a new bike, a puppy dog, swimming in the ocean, a portable radio or any number of things. Many times on special occasions we eventually got some of those things from Mom and Dad or Grandma and Grandpa.

But what happened as we grew up and became adults? We may still have dreamed on occasions but now we are not as assured about getting those things we desired as when we were children. It took more effort now to get those things you wanted in life than just dreaming.

I'll never forget when I was a teenager how bad I wanted a brand new car. I had my eyes fixed on a Chevrolet that I saw many times when going by the dealership.

I dreamed about it often times and told my dad what I wanted. Since I was working part-time after high school in the family florist business he made a recommendation.

He said he would keep a percentage of my earnings each week and put it in the company's safe. When I accumulated enough cash for a down payment he would go with me to the dealer to talk about purchasing a new car.
By the time I graduated from high school I had accumulated enough money for a down payment to buy a brand new 1949 Chevrolet. So one day Dad and I went to the dealer to make the purchase and set up the financing. He had to co-sign for the loan but I made the monthly payments.

My dream was now a reality. It happened because first of all I had a vision of what I wanted; then a method was created to make the dream come true (a place to accumulate cash); next a weekly action plan to add a percentage of my salary to place in the company safe.

That's the simple plan of how to make your dreams come true for anything you want to accomplish in your life. Here's basically how the plan works. First you must have a clear vision of your goal. You must make that vision as vivid as you can. Then visualize it every day.

Next set up a plan how you will accomplish it and the date when you expect to have it. Then take the action necessary to make it happen. Finally don't let anything or anybody discourage you from reaching the goal.
Eventually as I became an adult I learned how to use that same method regularly and how to make my dreams come true.

After several years working in the family business I could see my dream being fulfilled as owner of the shop. But that dream finally subsided when I eventually became dissatisfied with working in the business.

The long hours standing behind a design table daily; the amount of compensation I made; the six day work week; and a limited vacation finally convinced me that is was no longer a dream I wanted to pursue.

So a new dream began to develop in my mind. I decided I wanted to pursue a new career and leave the family business. I also wanted to increase my financial status so I could provide more things for myself and my family.
The dream finally got more momentum one day when I met a salesman selling a self-improvement motivational program. It was exactly what I needed to refresh my dream.

It wasn't all that easy a smooth transition to make my dream a reality. There were some disappointments and obstacles to overcome. But by applying the methods in the program I eventually made a decision to apply for a sales position and placed an ad in the local newspaper.

One day I got a reply for an interview and was hired that evening for a sales position with a company where I eventually worked for 29 years. Once I became a sales supervisor I shared those same methods with my sales staff so they could become more effective in their jobs as well as their personal lives as well.

I still apply these methods any time I want to achieve a new goal. So if you are one who wants to know how to excel in your life and make your dreams come true. Get my free report at www.sonnyjulius.com.


About Sonny Julius
Born in Jeffersonville, IN Sonny Julius grew up in a family that owned a local florist business that lasted or 63 years. For 29 years he was personally involved in the business. Eventually becoming dissatisfied with it he left to become a sales representative and spent more than 20 years in sales roles. During that time he trained sales staff using an 8-step formula he developed.

After retirement Sonny became heavily involved in developing an Internet business devoted to helping others develop a plan to set realistic goals and accomplish them so they can design the ideal lifestyle they desire.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No comments: